Powdered zeolites are used as a desiccant in the lids of drug containers to keep the drug dry. Non-fibrous synthetic zeolites have no known toxicity, carcinogenicity, mutagenicity, teratogenicity, or hormone-like effects. This makes them a safe and sustainable material for the many applications showcased on the EUZEPA homepage.
Applications of Powdered Zeolites
Most of these applications have indirect beneficial effects on human and animal health through their positive environmental impact. For example, catalysts can reduce air pollution and powdered zeolites can be used to remove pollutants from wastewater.
A more direct impact on our health is the use of natural zeolite powder as a desiccant in the lids of pharmaceutical containers to keep drugs dry or as a component of dental adhesive powders.
As a primary principle of action in health-related treatments, powdered zeolites are used as feed additives to reduce the risk of cow’s milk fever. In humans, powdered zeolites are used for the detoxification of heavy metals, including radioactive isotopes, or as a hemostatic aid. Due to its strictly physical mode of action, zeolite is not considered an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) in these applications.
The medical potential of synthetic zeolites has not been exploited to any great extent, although the use of powdered zeolites as API carriers has been published in the life science literature.
- Focus on Future Development Of Soil Amendment
- What is the Best Soil Amendment with Zeolite?
- How does zeofill compare as Zeolite Soil Amendment
- How To Choose a Safe And Pure Soil Conditioner
- 4A Zeolite was used in the Detergent
- Uses and Benefits of Zeolite Minerals
- Development of zeolites in the field of human body
- What is the Best Zeolite?
- How does zeolite compare in animal feed mixes?
- How to use natural zeolite in livestock?
- Clay minerals – Zeolite Rock from Nature World
- Strong Zeolite Absorbent Improves LNG and LPG Production by CO2
- Zeolite dehydration can reduce 20% energy consumption of bioethanol refinery
- Zeolites offer additional advantages as turf fills
- What are Zeolite Antimicrobials?
- Discovery: New Function of Zeolite – Drug-Removing Properties
- Zeolite Mineral-Thanks for the Gift from Earth
- What are zeolites?
- Zeolite Molecular Sieve
- Fumed silica and Precipitated silica
- Zeolite: The Versatile Mineral with Countless Uses